Wednesday, June 1, 2011

CR05

In the last few days of class I had the opportunity to see the other groups presentation and I was simply amazed. Even though my team and I had been working hard for two weeks putting together a product for the Coleman home line, I had no idea what to expect from my other classmates. I was amazed! It seemed like everyone had come up with such different and innovative ideas. I think what I was most impressed with were the products that were very technologically advanced or were more fit for our electronic generation. The app for the ipod touch was an awesome idea and I loved the visuals, it looked like something I could easily download today. I thought it was a unique approach to the project because it seems like everyone has some sort of smart phone or hand held device that has apps and the fact that this app was from the Coleman brand and helped you save energy was so cool. I also loved the wireless device that hooked up to the curtains which used solar power to power the wireless outlet. That product involved so much sustainability yet still took into account the needs of today's generation (being wireless) and applied to something everyone needs in their day to day life. I especially liked that they made little mock-up  mini versions of the product so as a class we could have a hands on idea of what exactly they were imagining. The last project that really struck me was the oven-top party table. It was fun, functional and super sellable. The graphics that their group put together were so hi-tech and amazing it seemed like I could log online and buy the product today. Not only were their graphics awesome, but they explained all the technology behind how the oven would function and how it runs. It was very impressive to see how much thought and time they put into their product and made sure to not leave one point out. I also enjoyed how a few groups created a completely new logo for their new product, where some groups just recreated the old Coleman logo. I thought that was a great idea to show that this specific product could become so popular it could have its very own logo. Overall, I was shocked by the amount of teamwork and creativity that came together for the home goods line. Personally, I think Coleman would have been pretty impressed with our presentations.

No comments:

Post a Comment