Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hello!

Hello everyone!

My name is Kylie and I am a sophomore marketing major from a suburb of Akron, Ohio. I love breakfast, camping, biking, boating, tennis, baking, scrabble and Cleveland sports (... and obviously the buckeyes). I also love music and some of my favorite artists include Radiohead, Tom Petty, Modest Mouse, Zero 7, John Mayer and Beck. There is nothing I enjoy more than being outside and relaxing with my friends and family. I do have the intention of minoring in Design, yet this is my first class so I am still testing the waters! Art has always been a huge part of my family. My mom is an art teacher and my sister is a graphic design major. Since I am a business major, there is not one point in my day when I get the opportunity to be creative. I took art every year in high school and always used to look forward to that hour of time where I could paint, sketch or design. I chose marketing as my major because I like the creative quality that it can have. Unfortunately the business school is full of required courses that are extremely unappealing to me. Which is why I am thrilled to be taking design this quarter! I heard about Design 200 from my friend who is also a design minor and marketing major. I am excited to learn about artists, concepts and techniques within the design world that I have never previously heard of. As thrilled as I am to start a minor in design, I am also intimidated and a little nervous since I have been in an art class environment in two years! However, I can not wait to get started and look forward to a more innovative and imaginative quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment